Chard Brunch Casserole
This is one of my go-to recipes for brunch or even a light dinner.
1 medium onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large bunch chard, leaves torn and stems sliced into ¼ inch thicknesses
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 3-4”sprig rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
6-8 sprigs thyme, leaves removed and chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Saute the chard
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- Saute the aromatics over medium-high heat until softened, about 4 minues.
- Add the chard stems. Cook until they begin to soften- about 3 minutes then add the leaves. Cook until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, orange zest and herbs. Cook one more minute.
- Put the chard mixture in an 8×8” baking dish. Break the eggs over the baking dish, taking care not to break the yolks
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until eggs are set or over hard, 10-15 minutes.
Try other herbs in this dish. Substitute lemon zest for the orange zest.